Whether you are at the executive level or aspiring to be, the online Master of Science in Project Management program provides a challenging, state-of-the-art curriculum that goes beyond the PMBOK and exposes you to international methodologies, decision sciences and advanced project management applications. This degree helps top project management professionals advance their careers and become leading practitioners and educators in their field.
Since 1998, GW School of Business has been a pioneer in distance learning for PM, providing students with a comprehensive experience essentially identical to that on campus but with the flexibility to complete the degree from virtually anywhere.
You will be taught by top-notch, dedicated faculty with industry experience in astrophysics, engineering, IT, construction and more. These experts will impart the skills and principles of project management that influence performance at all levels of an organization, including:
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Project Management Core Principles: You will acquire a comprehensive foundation in the principles that influence performance at all levels of an organization.
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking: Gain transferable skills in problem-solving, critical and system thinking, communication and team building.
- Team Management and Effectiveness: You will gain the ability to apply relevant methods for making complex decisions in business and project management, including identifying objectives and alternatives, setting priorities, allocating resources, planning, scheduling, estimating, ensuring quality, managing risk, resolving conflict and making effective group decisions.
- Practical Application to Any Management Situation: You will possess the ability to synthesize Project Management theory and methods to apply them to any domain.
- Campus Visits and Capstone: While the majority of the program is conducted online, all students attend a mandatory orientation on campus at the beginning of the program, where they have a chance to network with their new peers. Students who complete the Capstone course in the distance mode return to campus for a weeklong residency at the end of the program.
Finally, you will have access to all of the assets and resources of the GW School of Business — including its strong reputation in government and industry, large alumni network and active career center — that will aid in your career advancement after graduation.